• Welcome to Indianapolis RC South.

Roundtrippers Indoor Flying, various Saturday nights, Westfield, IN

Started by Chuck Baker, October 19, 2018, 08:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck Baker

The indoor flying season is about upon us.  I've decided to step down from managing the weekly flying events.  I'm just very busy these days; however, I do intend on attending some of the flying events.  I appreciate the friendships I've developed and to those who have supported the flying events over the eight years in which I was involved.  Going forward, Brian Shaw will be managing the weekly flying events.  Most of you probably know Brian.  Brian is a great ambassador to our hobby and is always willing to lend a helping hand.  I'm certain Brian will do a good job of promoting and managing the future flying events.  Though I'm stepping down, I will still assist Brian as needed as he takes over managing the flying events.

See the flying schedule below.  As in the past, you will all receive an email from Brian on Thursday or Friday of each week with the starting time for the upcoming Saturday night flying event.  Unfortunately, there are five dates in which Rountripper is hosting an indoor softball league.  The dates are January 12, 19, 26 and February 2, 9 and the starting time on these dates is 12:00 midnight.  Brian will determine, as these dates approach, if we will be flying on those dates.  The pilot fee this year is $10.00 for pilots 10 years and older, and $5.00 for pilots under 10.  The maximum family (immediate family members only) pilot fee is $25.00.

We'd like to know your thoughts on how we can improve the flying events.  Please email Brian with your thoughts at brianshaw33@aol.com and copy me, as well.  I hope we all have a successful indoor flying season.  Thank you.

Jim Nance

2018 - 2019 Indoor Flying Schedule

November 3, 10, 17
December 1, 8, 15, 22

January 5, 12, 19, 26
February 2, 9, 16, 23
March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30

Check the Facebook group for the latest status:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/187788265438244/

Chuck Baker

We kick off the indoor flying season on 11/3 at 4:00 pm at Roundtripper Sports Academy.  Please reply to Brian Shaw (brianshaw33@aol.com) by 12:00 Noon tomorrow if you are attending.  Brian will send an email tomorrow ONLY if the fly-in is cancelled.  Per our previous emails, Brian Shaw is managing the indoor flying this season.  However, I will still be attending some of the fly-ins.  Though I won't be attending at least the first three fly-ins due to my son's college football games.  Thanks and I hope we have a successful indoor flying season.

Jim Nance

Chuck Baker

Please reply to Brian Shaw (brianshaw33@aol.com) by 12:00 Noon tomorrow (11/10) if you are attending tomorrow night's fly-in.  We need an average of 18 pilots to continue having these fly-ins.  Your participation is appreciated.  Also, for this year, pilot fees can be paid in cash or PayPal.  Thanks.

Jim Nance

Chuck Baker

Going forward, all correspondence related to indoor flying at Roundtripper Sports Academy will be posted on a new Facebook page created and managed by Brian Shaw.  Below is the link to the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187788265438244/

Future flying starting times will no longer be communicated via email.  All flying times will now be posted in the FB page.  Brian may require you to post in the FB page if you are attending the indoor flying events.  We apologize for any convenience.  However, managing  300+ email address has became too much of a demand and inefficient to manage.  Brian will be posting the starting time for Saturday's flying later today.  Thanks.

Jim Nance

Chuck Baker

Brian indicated that the earliest start time for the Jan 12 thru Feb 9 dates was pushed back to 12am midnight.
So no indoor flying until 2/16.