• Welcome to Indianapolis RC South.

2018 Indy RC South Club Meetings, 2nd Mon of each Month

Started by Chuck Baker, January 04, 2018, 03:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck Baker

The club meets every 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30pm.

Location: Resurrection Lutheran Church, located at 445 E. Stop 11 Road, Indianapolis, IN.
Meeting room is in the west end of building.

Chuck Baker

The first club meeting for 2018 is Monday, Jan 8th  at 7:30.   

In prior Januarys we have had a Swap Meet immediately after the meeting.  This year, with the changing of officers, it has been decided to move the Swap Meet to February.  This will be discussed at Monday's meeting. 

For the raffle you will have two chances to win.  We have selected two Night Vapors which are great indoor flyers.

Chuck Baker

Club meeting Monday, Feb. 12th, 7:30 pm at the church – We will be raffling two items, a HH Valiant and a $25 gift card from Indy RC Racing & Hobbies (Hobby RC).
The officers have created a Club Event List.  Copies will be passed out at the meeting.  Take it home and look it over.  At the March Meeting we will have up for discussion.
Club Swap Meet is immediately after the meeting.  This is your chance to sell, buy or trade items you need/want or no longer need.

The meeting will be kept short due to the after the meeting event.

Rick Taylor
Club President

Chuck Baker

At this month's club meeting we will be taking a close look at this season's event schedule.   One of the goals was for our club events and neighboring club events to not clash with each other.  By doing so not only gives our members an opportunity to support other aeromodelling clubs but also for those clubs to support our club.  We need each other more than ever with the changing times.

I noticed DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME begins this Sunday.  Be sure to set your clocks accordingly.

The minutes from our club meetings are now being posted at our website.  For those who have not been to a meeting will now have an opportunity to be more informed so please take advantage of it. 

This month's raffle is a real good one.  We have an E-flite AT-6 with a 57" wingspan, retracts and flaps.  Word is it flies nicely.  This one is a little pricey so please be generous.

Rick Taylor

Chuck Baker

Our monthly club meeting is this Monday, April 9th, 7:30pm at the church.

What's on tap:
General Field Operating Rules  and Flight Operations Rules have been revised.  Doug Gifford and Robert Badger will be bringing us all up to date.
Donations for the purchasing of the Lawn Roller and Grub Killer. 
Ole Time Fly & Spring Picnic, Saturday, April 14th.  3pm w/ a possible night fly for those interested
Raffle- we have a PT-17 from Horizon Hobby

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Rick Taylor
Club President

Chuck Baker

Club meeting will be at the FIELD on Monday 5/14 at 7 pm.  Forecast indicates dry weather and calmer wind.  However, if there were to be a threat of rain we will meet at the church at the usual 7:30 time and I would be contacting you to the change via email.

Raffle item will be a Horizon Hobby Maule.  It is a replica of a real airplane and looks a lot like a Cub.  It is a nice looking plane and I saw one Saturday, w/floats, flying off a pond.  It looked good in the air.

Rick Taylor
Club President

Chuck Baker

Monday, July 9th  Club meeting at the field @ 7pm

There may not be too much to discuss at the club meeting, so it may be a short one.  It only means more time to fly! 

Our next raffle item will be a Spectrum Radio.  Not recalling the model but I believe it is the DX6e valued at $179.00.  There is a DX6 valued at $229.99.

See you at the field.
Rick Taylor

Chuck Baker

Monday's club meeting is at the field, 7pm.

I now have some info in regard to the Greenwood Airport Day on August 4th and after a planned visit to the airport this coming Monday I hope to have an even clearer picture as to what to expect and will share that information with you Monday evening.   If there is anyone who would like to join me let me know so I can set a time.  My contact person, Roger Tomey, will be there from 9am to 3pm. 

I picked up the raffle item.  It is a Spektrum DX6 and includes a receiver.

Rick Taylor

Chuck Baker

Members, attached is a copy of the Updated Field Operation Safety Rules for our club.  Please review as it will be up for discussion at the August Club Meeting. 

The next Club meeting is this Monday, August 13th, 7pm at the Flying Field.  For our raffle we have a UMX airplane called "GeeBee" 

Also to be discussed:
- Community exposure.  Does the Greenwood Community know we exist? 
- ADA update

Rick Taylor
Club President

Chuck Baker

This month we are back at the church for our club meeting, 7:30 pm.  The raffle will be a UMX Eflite Timber, a nice little flyer that includes flaps and lights.

The main discussion, at the meeting, will be the upcoming ADA event.  We are still in need of volunteers for a number of positions.  A signup sheet will be available or you can contact Bob Badger.

The church location is:

Resurrection Lutheran Church
445 E Stop 11
Indpls (Greenwood) IN 

Rick Taylor
Club President