– Indianapolis RC South is a non-profit club chartered and insured through the Academy of Model Aeronautics that protects the land owners.
– The club currently uses about 4 acres for parking, shelters, a pit area, and runways.
– The club needs about 100 acres of farmland or open space to fly over.
– The club has about 60 members.
– The club field is busiest on evenings and weekends and can have up to a dozen pilots at the field when the weather is good.
– The club meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at the flying field when the weather is good, and at Resurrection Lutheran Church during the colder months.
– The club hosts several events during the year that benefit the community, including the following:
- Annual Fly-In for Diabetes Air Show – Event is well attended by the public who have helped us raise over $130K for the American Diabetes Association over the past 30+ years.
- We invite local Grade School children, Boy Scouts and Senior Citizens to the flying field to introduce them to Aviation and our hobby.
- We provide displays at the Airport Day event at the Greenwood Municipal Airport as well as the Strawberry Festival event held by the White River Township Fire Dept.