• Welcome to Indianapolis RC South.

Monokote Covering

Started by Eflyer43, April 10, 2009, 01:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eflyer43

What can I use to dull the monokote covering to make it look flat. Is there any way without spraying it? I would like to keep it light weight. It's for an electric balsa plane.
Thanks for your help

Chuck Baker

You could just use the flat version of monokote.

They have several colors to chose from:
http://www.monokote.com/flatmonokote.html

Otherwise, you could use scotch-brite or steel wool.
Another option might be an abrasive paste - toothpaste maybe?

Chuck

Eflyer43

Hey Chuck. Long time no see. Thanks for helping me out with the mustang. It ended up getting wrecked. The plane in question is an UltraFly Focke Wolfe and it came already covered. Same maker of the Mustang I tore up. I think I might try the 0000 steel wool method. I found the suggestion on a website. By the way, have you used any of the Great Planes Rimfire motors? Just wondering how they compare to the more expensive Eflite motors. Thanks for the response!

Chuck Baker

Quote from: Eflyer43 on April 11, 2009, 01:23:57 AM
Hey Chuck. Long time no see. Thanks for helping me out with the mustang. It ended up getting wrecked. The plane in question is an UltraFly Focke Wolfe and it came already covered. Same maker of the Mustang I tore up. I think I might try the 0000 steel wool method. I found the suggestion on a website. By the way, have you used any of the Great Planes Rimfire motors? Just wondering how they compare to the more expensive Eflite motors. Thanks for the response!

Sorry to hear the Mustang went in.
Yes, I've used the Rimfire motors.  I'm using the 28-30-950 outrunner (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLWT6&P=M) in both of my ElectriFly WWI biplanes (SE5a & Fokker D-VII).  They've worked just fine, but they use a three-point mount, instead of the normal four-point mount that most other outrunners use.

Hope this helps!
Chuck