• Welcome to Indianapolis RC South.

Indy RC South to host St. Richards Elementary, Fri 9/21 @ 10am, Greenwood, IN

Started by Chuck Baker, August 25, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck Baker

Our field will be visited by Carolyn Flanagan's 1st graders from the St. Richards Episcopal Elementary School on Friday 9/21 @ 10:00am.  We need club members to help with this event. Pilots need to be at the field early, 9 am.

The kids will arrive about 10:00 am at our club field with a departure time around Noon. The kids will be about 7 years old and the school will provide chaperons for the students. They would like us to have demo airplanes and show planes with plenty of folks to talk to the kids and answer questions.

If you can help with this, please contact Rick Taylor (taylor-rick@sbcglobal.net)

Chuck Baker

Carolyn Flanagan's 1st graders from the St. Richards Episcopal Elementary School will make their annual visit to our field this Friday, 9/21 at 10am.  We need club members to help with this event.

The kids will arrive at 10 am at our club field with a departure time about 12:30.  The kids will be about 7 years old and the school will provide chaperons for the 30 students. They would like us to have demo airplanes and show planes with plenty of folks to talk to the kids and answer questions.

If these children are to fly again this year, we will need buddy box systems for airplanes.  If a quadcopter or two are available that would be helpful.  If you can help with this, please let me know.
Thank you.

Rick Taylor
Club President

Chuck Baker

Due to very windy conditions it has been decided to postpone to a later date.  Instead of the 1st graders visit tomorrow, Mrs. Flanagan will check the school schedule to see when the next earliest date they can come and will get back with me.  I should know later today or tomorrow with the new date.  The main purpose of the children's visit is to be able to fly. Putting trainers in the air in such windy conditions is not advisable. 

Hopefully we will have more favorable conditions.  I will keep you posted.

Rick Taylor
Club President