• Welcome to Indianapolis RC South.

Tindley Summit School Demo, Fri 9/28, 9am-Noon, Indianapolis, IN

Started by Chuck Baker, August 23, 2018, 10:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck Baker

Tindley Summit Academy has reached out to us.  Mr. Gavin is requesting we do outdoor demonstrations at the school.    This would be for grades "kindergarten thru grade 5" with approximately 30 minute sessions per grade.  He requested the day be Sept. 28th, a Friday.  They have a STEM program and our visit would tie in well.  Aircraft can be fixed wing and multi-copters.

I drove by the school and assessed the area.  There appears to be enough room outside to do some flying if conditions are favorable.  It would be a little tight with an obstacle or two and we would be facing the sun but I am sure we could improvise.  With the correct choice of planes it would be flyable.  If necessary we would have use of their gymnasium.

Using Google Street, please take a look at the open area south of the school.  Also do a satellite view.  If anyone would like to go up there for a better look I will want to join you.  Your input is important so please contact me.

Choice of aircraft:  You really need to take a look at the site.  I'm thinking the Timber because of its large wheels, quadcopters, plus anything that can be hand launched.  UMX?  The gymnasium will be available, if needed.  As we get closer to the date we can check the weather to determine indoors or outside.  I hope outside.

Time:     9 am to 12 noon
Grades: k thru 5
Date:     Friday, Sept 28th

Tindley Summit Academy
Kyle Gavin, Phys Ed Teacher
3098 Dubarry Road  (this is near 38th and Post Rd)
Indianapolis IN  46226

Please let me know if you can help.  I will send out reminders from time to time.

Thank you for volunteering.

Rick Taylor

Chuck Baker

Visit to Tindley Summit Academy is this Friday. More volunteers are needed. Scroll down for school address.

So far, Robert Gough and I are the only souls who will be making the visit. Two more bodies would be helpful. The forecast looks good, hopefully it will not change. If it does, we will move indoors.

Please let me know if you can help. I hope to hear from you and thank you for your help.

Robert is bringing: All quads, Whip it, Flite Test Bloody Barron (not to fly, but show the foamboard), Twisted Hobbies Yak 55,
a 32" TV and FPV gear to show my flight on the screen.
My laptop with Real Flight and controller.

I will be bringing: foamboard Viggen EDF, UMX Glider, Timber and literature plus a couple more things, once I think of them.

An extension cord will be run from the school so we can have electricity.

Time: 9 am to 12 noon (30 minute sessions per class)
Grades: k thru 5
Date: Friday, Sept 28th

Tindley Summit Academy
Kyle Gavin, Phys Ed Teacher
3098 Dubarry Road (this is near 38th and Post Rd)
Indianapolis IN 46226