Linked Events

• Greenwood Airport Day: August 03, 2019

Author Topic: Greenwood Airport Day, Sat 8/3, 10am-4pm, Greenwood, IN  (Read 555 times)

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Approval Rating: 8
  • I just love to fly RC
Greenwood Airport Day, Sat 8/3, 10am-4pm, Greenwood, IN
« on: March 12, 2019, 09:37:09 AM »
For more info, check out the following link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2009021002537057/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:39:12 AM by Chuck Baker »

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC
Re: Greenwood Airport Day, Sat 8/3, 10am-4pm, Greenwood, IN
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 12:29:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

Greenwood Airport day is fast approaching.  August 3rd, a Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm.  I have mentioned this event in previous emails and at the last couple of meetings and Facebook.   This is a great way to give our club and our hobby some exposure and publicity so we will, once again, have a booth.

We are needing volunteers to man our tent/booth.  We will be passing out literature from the AMA and answering questions.  I will also have our Club information and aeromodelling magazines.  We all need to bring r/c airplanes including helicopters and quadcopters for display.  We need a variety of aircraft.  I will bring a couple of EDF jets.

For setup we need some pop-up tents.  There is room for four, two in the front with two behind them.  This year some six foot tables will be made available to us.  Bring your own chairs.  I will be bringing one pop-up, three more need promised.

Please let me know what time you can man the booth and what you will be bringing.  Parking information is listed below.  There will be plenty of time to roam the area and view the displays. I will be there all day.  Please let me know of any questions you might have.

Saturday, August 3rd:
            Indy RC Booth ( located next to office on the office’s eastside in a grassy area)
            Setup at 8:00 AM (enter through Gate 1. Parking is outside Gate 1 on the west side of the terminal)
            Take down at 3:00 pm
            Note: as I discovered last year, 

Get details on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/IndySouthGreenwoodAirport/?ref=bookmarks

I thank you for your help.

Rick Taylor
Club President

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC
Re: Greenwood Airport Day, Sat 8/3, 10am-4pm, Greenwood, IN
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 04:38:08 PM »
Hey members,  I am still needing volunteers and pop-up tents.  Two more tents are needed for Airport Day this Saturday.  I also need to know if any of you can bring a plane or two for displaying.  Shane Aldrich may be giving RC helicopter flight demos during the course of the day.  Final details are being worked out between Shane and the Airport Office.

Please let me know if you can attend and what time and also what you can bring.  Thank you.

Rick Taylor
Club President