Linked Events

• Fly-In for Diabetes: September 16, 2017

Author Topic: Indy RC South, Fly-In for Diabetes, Sat 9/16 (Noon-5pm), Greenwood, IN  (Read 915 times)

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Approval Rating: 8
  • I just love to fly RC
This year will be our 32nd Annual Bob Gasiorowski Fly-In for Diabetes!
The event will be held at the Indy RC South field on Saturday, September 16th, from Noon 'til 5pm.

We hope you will be able to join us and help us raise money for the American Diabetes Association!

Link to full size Event Flyer:
http://www.indyrcsouth.org/resources/documents/flyers/2017_ADA_Flyer.pdf
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:11:51 AM by Chuck Baker »

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC
Re: Indy RC South, Fly-In for Diabetes, Sat 9/16 (Noon-5pm), Greenwood, IN
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 11:25:02 PM »
Latest from Duane...

Hello All-

Information concerning our ADA Airshow this Saturday September 16, 2017 is provided:

1.   Setup for the event will take place Friday evening at 5 pm.  The field will be reconfigured for parking and flight line safety.  A few volunteers are needed to help with this process.

2.   On Saturday morning, the field will be open around 8 am, with open flying beginning at 10 am.  The airshow will start at 12 noon and run till 5 pm.  The event flyer is attached.

3.   We have a number of individuals who have volunteered for helping with parking, concessions, etc.  Other volunteers will be helpful in these and other areas as the day unfolds.  If you can help, come out and see one of the club officers.

4     If you have items to donate to the Auction/Tag Sale, please bring them prior to noon.  These can be hobby or household related.  No junk please, additionally, please check at end of day and take home with you your unsold items.

4.   Concerning concession goods, it will be a help if several can bring homemade or store-bought cookies.  These should be please in quantities of three, in zip lock bags.

5.   Concerning the event program, we need pilots and airplanes.  We have times specified for T-28s, so please bring yours and fly.  We also need members to bring your fast airplanes, we have times for speed.  If you have an unusual aircraft, bring it out.  We also have times for Jets and warbirds.  We will have times we need to fill when others have problems.  Also, if you have a power glider of any size, please bring it out.  We plan to put up gliders at various times, over lower flying happenings.  Lastly, bring your sport planes that you are not in love with, and consider going up to chase the gliders.  This activity is always a crowd pleaser.

6.   And finally, please come out to support your club and the ADA.  Bring along funds collected from family, friends, etc.  Check should be made out to the American Diabetes Association.

Thanks!
Duane

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC
Re: Indy RC South, Fly-In for Diabetes, Sat 9/16 (Noon-5pm), Greenwood, IN
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »
Check out the awesome video club member Robert Gough put together of the 2017 Fly-In for Diabetes!
https://youtu.be/4O4s_6tXaq8