Linked Events

• Hoosier Dawn Patrol: August 24, 2012 - August 26, 2012

Author Topic: 2012 Hoosier Dawn Patrol, Fri 8/24 thru Sun 8/26, AMA Site 4, Muncie, IN  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • Approval Rating: 8
  • I just love to fly RC
Received from Steve Percifield:
------------------------------

Guys,

The 2012 HDP will be August 24,25 & 26. Once again on Site 4 at the AMA National Flying Site.  We are back to the old format. Any size or power, and no resrtiction on frequency. 2.4 or 72 or 27 or Ham.

Also a note on a couple of other events:

The Ohio Dawn Patrol is now July 20,21, & 22
 The Scale Nationals is July, 13,14 & 15
 Indiana WArbirds is September 1 & 2

I will be posting all this on the calender of events on the HDP website in the next few days.

If any has an event they want to include in the calender, please send me the info and a link to the webpage or a pdf copy of the event flyer and I will include or add to the calender.

That would include:

Dale:  Warbirds over Arkansas
 Mike: Pekin Dawn Patrol
 Doug: Blugrass Dawn Patrol
 Dean: Western Dawn Patrol
 Tony: I hear rumors of a new Dawn Patrol ???

Or any other applicable events

Thanks
steve p

AND Merry Christmas to everyone. Have a safe New Year from all of me here at the HDP World Headquarters.
Steve Percifield
aka Sir Percy
www.hoosierdawnpatrol.com

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC
Update from Steve...
--------------------

GUYS,

It's hard to believe we are just a little over a month away from this years HDP. I'm ready. I've been grounded all season and am looking forward to some action. My fleet hasn't left the hanger all summer, and is ready for some rust removeall.

I wanted to pass along some info.

We are back to running by ourselves. This year we are even lacking the traditional Free Flight boys. There is a controline event scheduled so no conflicts over air space. That means we are the controlling event, so all frequencies are available for use.

Don Brown will be back offering those plate sized tenderloin sanwiches and fries for lunch.  You are on your own for breakfast and the evening meal.

We will NOT have a  Saturday "banquet" as in the past. It just hasn't worked out, so it's gone.

Weather permitting, we will have a movie on Friday and Saturday. We have all the WW1 classics and some from Mel Brooks from which to chose.

As you know, the weather has been brutal. As ususal, IRCHA preceeds us on Site 4. They normally due harm to the grass, but this year the grass isn't there. So our site will be good ole' Indiana clay baked to concrete consisitancy. There's nothing we can do about that. I just wanted everyone to be aware.

We will have overnight storage, as usual.

Remember, If camping, you must check in at the headquateres building for your permit. They do police this. RV hookups are first come first served. They tell me they will not reserve those spots.

For newbies, there are shower facilities on site.

I have been told, that by HDP, the Muncie Hobby Shop, located on the East side of the site, will be closed. The owner is retiring. So make sure you bring everything you need.

AND, I have decided to keep the HDP website running. A moment of insanity, I guess. So, for the 3 of you who told me you use it occasionally, be patient. I have to rebuild the site, it will take some time. What;s there now will remain until I can get the new site built and posted.

That's all for now, more as it becomes available or as I remember it.

Any questions or concerns, just drop me an email.

thamks
steve 

Steve Percifield
aka Sir Percy

Offline Chuck Baker

• Administrator
  • Captain
  • I just love to fly RC
Latest from Steve Percifield...
-----------------------------

Hey guys,

The new website is up and running. Right now, the content is what was and has been on there for a while.

You will notice some changes.  It s very simple and plain. I learned that there are only 3 fonts most web browsers support. So the cute fonts are gone. I have been told , some browsers don't like colors, so the new website is in black and white. This is supposed to allow it to be played on all browsers, including phones, Ipods, etcs.

Also, scrolling is gone. This caused problems with almost everyone, so it is eliminated.

I will class it up some down the road, but I wanted to get it back online first.

I have a bunch of pictures from Rhonda and Lee from last years HDP, and dayton, that I could get uploaded on the old machine. I also have some video of Dayton, including the Barage Balloon.  I will work on these in next weeks.
But right now I need a break from the computer. This has taken way more time than I had hoped.

I know it still has bugs, and if you visit it and find anything, please let me know. Honestly, after talking to Web Easy, (conflicting words there), Go Daddy, and Advanquest, I don't know how these other sites work with all the fancy crap they have on them. Because all of these experts told me all those things create problems????????  Thses folks are a lot smarter than me...

Any way, back on line..... and once again, I can ask any pictures or videos you might want to share. Or if all ready posted, send me the link.   AND, the Hoosier Dawn Patrol is on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/groups/126939124006121/

Thanks...
Steve

Steve Percifield
aka Sir Percy